Friday, November 21, 2008

This summer I did a wedding cake for my cousin. The birthday cake was a test cake for this one's filling (Almond white cake with raspberry) There were some heat issues with the chocolate fondant...As it was in Willow Creek and about 104 degrees at 4pm when it was served. The cake was sweating really bad, but it seemed to come out ok.
This was a birthday cake I did. White cake with a pinacolada mousse filling and italian buttercream on the outside. The grass is fresh coconut died green. Getting coconut out of it's shell is killer! I would recommend the baking method: crack the nut, bake the pieces and then the shell usually pops off with a little help. I would Google more technical directions...but it works! The birthday girl, loves cows so I made little cows for the top. My friend Jeana was helping so she made the cute, little flowers!
This was a cake I did for my former bosses son. He had a pirate birthday so we did a pirate cake!













2 comments:

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! I love your chocolate wedding cake...simple and elegant...my kind of style!

Jeana said...

I love that you gave me credit for the flowers! I was clearly an important part of that cow cake... what would it have been without flowers??